Sunday, May 12, 2019

Sunday Self Portrait

I saved some kid's crayola acrylic paints from the trash heap and decided it would be nice to play around with this for my self portrait. No pencil mark, just straight painting on the mixed media paper. Hah! I've never tried painting myself before but I thought it's a good painting exercise. Nothing close to my likeness here. The more I try to "fix" it, the murkier it gets.  I used a tripod and a home made portable easel while l glance at the mirror.


2 comments:

  1. Self portraits are not easy, and going in directly with paint is a challenge in itself...and then there's the kind of paint you were using. Good for you for trying! Your results were pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was interesting how the paint (acrylic?) interact with the brush and the paper. The original plan was to use black & white paints as per James Gurney's suggestion if you want to have a feel for the paint. Of course, I introduced other colors because it was available. It's fun though. I might have a go for it again. Thank you, Joan, for your comment and for visiting.

      Delete