Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Portable Sketch Easel

James Gurney developed a lightweight sketching easel and created an instructional video that comes in a downloadable format and the DVD.

Last week, after hours of looking at his website, I decided to make one of my own.  Here is my lightweight sketching easel!







There is just one thing I don't like about the hinge, which is the 12 degrees angle left between the two sides due to the height of screw head.  I want one with the two planks flushed or reasonably close enough together.  My creative mind is already on it.  Stay tuned to this blog!









3 comments:

  1. I've seen him use this in person. It works well for him. Looks like you did a good job. I want to see photos of you using it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joan, for looking. I now have an assignment from you! How about I just bring it at the next USK outing? Then we can all look at it and see if it works for everyone.

      Delete
    2. Hope you go this weekend and test it out. I can't make it since I am doing Passover with friends on Saturday and then Easter with family on Sunday.

      Delete