Thursday, August 6, 2026

Walking in Burgundy: Day 2

The feeling of anticipation and excitement in starting this self-guided walk was dampened by the rainy forecast for the following three days.  We were hoping it would be nicer but a misty light rain wasn't too bad either that Monday morning.   

After our breakfast, I set out to do a quick sketch of the church I saw the night before.  I also wanted to mail a small package at the post office before our hike.  I had some time to sketch the post office building before it opened.  Dijon is a beautiful city but we were just passing through.  

The courier arrived at the hotel on schedule, picked us up, and dropped us off at the trail in Marsannay-la-Cote.  Our bags were transported to our next hotel in Gevrey-Chambertain.  Our day start with some 5 miles of self guided walk along this endless views of vineyard plantation until we reach the next destination.

A really quick sketch as the rain start coming.
Dijon is a charming city.

Sketch-waiting before the post office open.

The small town of Marsannay-la-Cote, the starting point of our journey.

Miles and miles of vineyards to see for the next four days.

 

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had some time for sketching. Sketch waiting comes in handy.

    ReplyDelete