Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Summer Solstice

Last Friday, from 4:00-7:00 pm, on the day of the Summer Solstice, several musicians performed at open public spaces along Park Avenue between 38th and 50th Streets.  I caught the Jazz trio performing between the 38th & 39th Streets on Park Avenue where I made a quick sketch of them.  The drummer, Bryan, was the challenging person to sketch because he moved a lot in different poses while Eric and Jerry seem to come back to a familiar pose.  Once done, I went over and introduced myself, showed them the sketch, and asked for their name which they gladly wrote down on the page.  Incidentally, while I was doing this sketch, a lady name Madeline came over, asked to see what I was doing and if I'm an Urban Sketcher like herself.  A short conversation and a quick selfie pic together and then it was time to get on the train home.


A screen grab from Bryan Kopchak's IG posting that day.

1 comment:

  1. Musicians are a fun challenge to sketch. Most of the time they do return to the same poses. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete