Tuesday, May 11, 2021

A Sketch at the Marshlands Conservancy

On Mother's Day last week, I visited the Marshlands Conservancy Park in Rey, NY for the first time.  Lots of trails in the wooded area.  A sign on the trail past the visitor center says "Nature is Neat, but Sure is not Tidy" which I thought was funny.  The meandering trails allowed for a slow commune with nature.  Off-the-path, I saw one of the largest fallen trees good for sketching.  So I made my way near it and settled into place. Minutes later, something stirred from the ground.  It was a Wild Turkey!  She was taking a break from incubating 5 of her eggs I spied from about 12 feet away.  Good that I was able to capture her on video but I never dared disturb her peace.  











1 comment:

  1. Looks like a nice place for hiking and sketching. Love the tree sketches and the turkey story.

    ReplyDelete