Tuesday, December 21, 2021

The "Trocks"

We watched the "Les Ballets Trockadero de Monte Carlo" show at the Joyce Theater in Manhattan, NY last weekend.  Fun show! 

Got there earlier than the 8:00 PM showtime so I had time to sketch the theater goers.  Our upper level seats were the nearest to the aisle section which was great to move in and out, in case we need to.  Sketching kept me busy before the theater dimmed the lights and curtains drawn up.  I also tried sketching blind contour in the dark except that they move so quickly on stage,  I abandoned that idea.  The original group was started in the 1970's so it's now 5 decades old and still running.  Who knew men can dance well en pointe?




 

1 comment:

  1. I love that you sketched the audience! Great job! I did that once when we went to a play in the city...in those "before" times. Merry Christmas to you and Anne. I hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete