Saturday, May 14, 2022

The Enid A. Haupt Conservatory

The New York City Urban Sketchers were once again invited to the New York Botanical Garden: Colors of Spring and Plein-Air Invitational this year.  We weren't competing for the invitationals but it was so nice to see a lot of urban sketchers today.  This must have been one of the most attended event we have had in a while.  

Together with Elaine, another USk member from NYC, we headed to the back area of the Conservatory and chose our spot for our drawing.  Luckily, one of the pre-marked pages I brought with me somehow fit this scene I like.  so I started with the ballpoint lines and added the watercolor next.  I really like how the tall hedge came out on this page.











1 comment:

  1. This really came out so good, Mel. I love how you made the design fit the location!

    ReplyDelete