Sunday, January 28, 2024

The Horseback Riders Club

On our last day of stay with the family in SMDV, Madrid, my brothers and I went for a trail hike on the town's surrounding hills.  It was a good walk for us and we had a good talk along the way.  On the return home, we walked into a gathering of horseback riders club at a local cerveceria-tapas-raciones, El Paso, to which I immediately went into full urban sketcher mode.  I pulled out my EDC sketchbook and a ballpoint pen to capture this wonderful event.  It was clear that they were wrapping up their event for the day.  Soon they loaded the horses into the equine trucks.

The equestrian gathering at El Paso Cerveceria-Tapas-Raciones. 
My brother said this was the first he's seen in the many years they've lived in this neighborhood.

The equestrian seem to be waiting for something to happen.  They (horse and riders) move but there's more than one subject to choose from, or "graft" an equestrian from another.  I was more interested in capturing the gesture and drawing them as close as I could interpret what I was seeing. 

It was the most fun trying to capture a fleeting moment and having a go at it.

These horses were tethered to the horse trailers behind the fence.


2 comments:

  1. Wow, nice sketches of the horses too. I find their anatomy hard to draw. Sounds like you had a great day of bonding with your brothers and getting to sketch too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan. It was a remarkable family time and and enjoyable limited sketching time, too.

      Delete