Thursday, February 1, 2024

A Sketching Class at SNFL

I have a very exciting news to share.  On April 12, 2024, I will lead a class, Sketching People in the City, at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Library (SNFL), 455 Fifth Avenue, NYC as part of their Free Programs offering called "Friday Night Sketch Club".  In this class, I will share the things I've learned in sketching people.  When I was a beginner sketcher, I always try to avoid introducing any human figure in my sketch.  Why is that? you ask.  Well, drawing the human figure was just difficult for me...until I made it my goal of drawing a respectable human figure someday.  It took many hours of sketch practice and commitment to observing people on a daily basis.  Now, it is less intimidating to actually introduce a human figure in my sketch practice.  Here's the posted program announcement on the SNFL Bulletin Board I saw earlier this evening.


   

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! Sounds like a fun evening for some lucky people. For those of us who see your posted sketches it is so hard to remember you not including people in them. You have perfected that skill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joan! I hope to share what I've learned over the years. I'm very excited about it. :-)

      Delete