Monday, September 9, 2024

A Sketch Crawl in Park Slope: Part II

At lunchtime, I made my way down 5th Avenue to join the other sketchers near the Old Stone House of Brooklyn.  The playground was full of young families enjoying the mostly cloudy day.   The sketchers were given instructions on where to meet for the 3:00 PM "show and tell" event which would be held at the other side of the Old Stone House (behind this house view I sketched).  For this sketch sheet, I initially started with a direct to watercolor sketch (Stone House roofing and some foliage) but later switched to doing line marks with the ballpoint pen, a fountain pen, and acrylic markers.  The the two young urban sketchers in the foreground provided a good anchor to finish the sketch.






1 comment:

  1. The black ink gives this a nice contrast. I like this one...a bit of everything.

    ReplyDelete