Tuesday, August 13, 2019

The Ryoma Quartet

Outside of the USA, this young group of Japanese artists playing some traditional Japanese musical instruments have a good following.  I was invited to see their live show at Joe's Pub in NYC earlier this month and did we ever enjoyed their performances!  Great jazz music tunes.  I sketched the group as I listened to their rendition of some familiar music.  I love that theme song from Cinema Paradiso movie!  At the end of the show, I was led to meet them by our hostess, Madonna, who made sure I got to show them my sketch.  They were kind enough to sign it next to their person on the sketch but in the end, I gifted it back to them.  We bought a CD where they autographed the cover and we had our group picture taken.  That was a fun night.




1 comment:

  1. Nice sketch of the musicians! I think they must get such a good feeling to see that someone did a sketch of them. Most of them that I've met are so excited about it.

    ReplyDelete