Sunday, September 1, 2019

The incessant typist

I recognized her from a previous time we were on the same train car.  That time, she was seated directly across from me.  What made her stood out that time was the full headset gear she had on, the fashion accessories on her hands and fingers, the incessant blind typing done on the Apple Magic Keyboard 2.  Her iPad securely locked between her forearm, propped upright, face-down, against her chest.  She would occasionally stop for a quick glance on the iPad screen maybe to read/edit what she had typed before resuming the process again.  It was no different this time except that I was seated across the aisle of the same row which allowed me to discreetly sketch her.

After we de-trained at Grand Central Terminal, I decided I would show her the sketch.  And why not?  Great that I caught up with Theresa, I would later learn her name, because it would not be the same had I miss this one chance.  She smiled and thought it was a beautiful sketch. Theresa took a picture of it with my permission.  And that was how my Friday morning started.

2 comments:

  1. I am impressed by your train sketches! This is really nicely done. When I ride the LIRR the ride seems too jerky to me to draw in ink. My lines come out too squiggly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joan. My go to sketching tool at the moment is the Bic pen that seem to work well when I hover it on the paper to sketch. LOL, I think you need to ride the LIRR more often, like daily, so your squiggly line will get better. Of course, I'm just kidding.

      Delete