Thursday, October 10, 2019

The Amore Breakfast

We drove four and a half hours heading north to Maine last weekend and spent Saturday evening at the beautiful city of Ogunquit, ME.  The following morning, we were ready to dine at the famous Amore Breakfast restaurant.  From the outside, you can't tell what it has to offer but once you step inside, you're immediately thrown back to a happy setting where the decorations evoked the vintage 1950's era.  They have quite a collection of period signs and posters, too.  It's a classic!

It didn't take long before we got seated at a corner area of the room where I had a nice view looking toward the front entrance.  Once we placed our order, I sketched this scene before me.  That was a good Sunday morning!







2 comments:

  1. Looks great!! It must have been delicious. Hope you took a walk along Marginal Way out along the rocks and water. I like making a stop in Ogunquit for the day sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The food was great and cooked to my liking. Yes, we walked the entire length of The Marginal Way and came back to the Main Street via Shore Road. It was my first visit in that area and I really enjoyed the sketches I made there. I wish there was more time. The one big pumpkin I saw immediately reminded me of your Damariscotta outings here. Thank you for stopping by, Joan, and dropping me a note.

      Delete