Friday, October 4, 2019

The Stillwell Avenue Train Station

Last month, on a Labor Day holiday weekend, I went to see the Coney Island Beach front and boardwalk.  Sketched a couple of spots and then tried to capture this view of the Stillwell Avenue station where I arrived at and took off from having a fun day at the famous ocean front place.

The opposite page shows a man on the same Metro North train I took going home.  He was trying to catch a nap on the ride home until he detrained at Mamaroneck, NY. 


2 comments:

  1. I like the sketch of the station with the cars leading up to it. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for looking. I'm quite pleased how that one turned out although I want to put color on it. The trouble is, the longer I delay coloring it, the more blurred my memory become of that particular scene.

      Delete