Sunday, July 12, 2020

Sketching from picture reference

The NYC Urban Sketchers group held a Virtual Sketch, (Not Urban Sketch), of the Grand Central Terminal, thanks to Judy Garza, who provided very interesting tidbits of information of this amazing NYC landmark.  I was glad to "see" my group of sketching community even though it was just thru Zoom video.  For my sketches, I chose a picture of the whispering gallery for the morning session as this was dearly familiar having been a commuter to the city for a year.  For the afternoon session I chose a picture I took of the 42nd Street main entrance as seen from across the Pershing Square Park.  The pre-marked pages came to be handy for this exercise.



1 comment:

  1. Your pre-marked pages worked perfectly for these sketches. It is nice to see sketches of the city from you again...although I'm enjoying the ones from near work too.

    ReplyDelete