Monday, October 3, 2022

A Live Jazz Performance

There's a Free Friday access to get into the Morgan Library and Museum from 5:00 to 7:00 PM.  In the last two times I visited, I just showed up the door.  They have free tickets available for the asking, I didn't even have to sign up ahead of time.  The last time I was there, I was in such a hurry to view the Rick Barton exhibit, some few minutes to sketch the Jazz Trio, before catching my train home at the Grand Central Terminal. 

This time however, I just focused on the jazz guitarist's performance.  I caught the tail end of the first set and had to wait 30 minutes for the second one.  Since I barely got some sketch done on the first set, I used that as the framework for what I saw on the second set.  A little messy and confusing but I like the results.







 

2 comments:

  1. Again, reinstating the lines gives this a lot of energy. It looks like it was intentional to show a bit of movement. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan. An unintended consequence that worked this time.

      Delete