Thursday, September 29, 2022

Dark Mood

I woke up to a phone alert message yesterday.  It says the PCR lab test results are now available.  It was almost four o'clock in the morning.  I looked for the email with a link to view the results and to my relief, the PCR test came back negative.  Then I saw another email subject that read "Lewis had surgery".  I read the first three sentences Cathy wrote and then it hit me with sadness and disbelief that a wonderful man, Lewis Gutterman, passed due to complications from surgery.  It felt awful and I couldn't help rewinding the memory of him:  when I first met Lewis and Cathy at a Brooklyn Greenpoint sketch outing and the last time I saw of him at the Muscoot Farms sketch outing.   All day yesterday, lots of tribute to Lewis lit up our FB group page.  All common theme - that he will be sorely missed.  On my return commute, I did a quick commuter sketch that I later finished at home.  It was somber and dark.  A reflection of the kind of feeling we all felt now that Lewis is gone.  



2 comments:

  1. It is still hard to wrap my head around the fact that Lewis is gone. What a loss! It is hard to think of our group without him being there. I can understand why your sketch came out somber and dark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joan. It will never be the same. We will miss him dearly.

      Delete