Tuesday, November 1, 2022

A Funny show with David Sedaris

Early October, we went to see David Sedaris' show at The Performing Arts Center, SUNY Purchase NY.  It was very well attended and to my delight, an opportunity to sketch some people.  It also turned out that there was a book signing line that we caught a glimpse of David. Yes, I partially sketched him.  I was wondering what the fuzz was all about with him but once the show started, it was just funny and entertaining as he read through his essays.  In the end, at the Q&A portion, he wondered why when someone sneezes and another person would automatically say "Bless you!".  He thought to himself, and decided to "just don't say anything when someone sneezes.  (or maybe) you say just that - "You sneezed!"   I jotted the blurb and  Yes, I sketched David with the spotlight on him on the stage. 







2 comments:

  1. These are great! I love the spotlight idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea he's that funny. Glad we got to see his show. Thanks for visiting, Joan!

    ReplyDelete