Wednesday, January 18, 2023

The Manhattan Below 14th Street Exhibit

One of my two entries got selected in the NYC Urban Sketchers exhibit that opened Tuesday last week at the New Amsterdam New York Public Library on Murray Street.  It was great that Anne, Marie, and Aaron, along with their partners and some few friends of theirs came to support me in this event.  My entry piece entitled "Gentrification" was sketched along Pearl Street near Coenties Alley in Lower Manhattan.  The building I was looking at was next to an open lot where a previous building stood.  I could see the old building ghost lines on the adjacent building wall. 





  

2 comments:

  1. It must look super in that large size! Congrats!!! I'm glad you had family there with you. Hope to see the exhibit before it comes down. I missed the last one entirely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats to us! Yes, seeing the artwork in large print is super! I hope you get to see your artwork this time.

      Delete