Saturday, January 21, 2023

The National Museum of the American Indian

Last weekend, the NYC USk event was held at the National Museum of the American Indian at One Bowling Green in Manhattan.  This beautiful Beaux Arts building, also labeled as the Alexander Hamilton U.S. Custom House, has a good collection of American Indian artifacts.  There's a brightly lit Rotunda with ample natural lighting coming from the glass ceiling/roof.  In one corner of a room, I sketched the display area where I found an open seat.  Also, I did a view of the front building, and lastly the rotunda area.





 

2 comments:

  1. Great sketches! I especially like how you did the showcases and reflections in the first one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan. Am pleased how that one came out against the Kraft brown paper since I was experimenting with the Posca Brush pens.

      Delete