Saturday, September 2, 2023

The NYC USK outing at Green-Wood Cemetery

There was a scheduled re-enactment or celebration of the Revolutionary War  - The Battle of Brooklyn - that was held at the Green-Wood Cemetery the last weekend in August.  It was a beautiful day for everyone to enjoy.  I sketched this scene as they, both re-enactors of the period as well as support team personnel, tried to anchor guy lines for the tent.  



After our lunch break, I found another section of the cemetery where the view toward Manhattan was just inspiring.  This was away from the entrance gate where the celebration was happening.  Incidentally, I still have with me some pre-marked sheets including this one that was partially laid out with a scene from last year's summer celebration at Queens Botanical Garden.  I thought I could re-use this page for something and I think it turned out just fine.  Am very happy with how the colors just blended in the scene.





1 comment:

  1. Nice sketch of the re-enactment participants and the tent. Good work on the pre-marked page with all the color.

    ReplyDelete