Friday, September 29, 2023

The Workshop Event

The rainy day forecast on September 23 didn't improve so I continued the workshop right outside of the West Balcony of the Grand Central Terminal.  We were outside but sheltered from the rain.  There were six participants including one person who helped monitored the event.  This was such a fun experience that all the difficulties and challenges I encountered to see it through became a moot point.  I did enjoy describing my work process and sharing it with the people in the workshop.  It's something unconventional but the results can be fun and visually appealing.  I wouldn't mind doing another workshop like this in the near future.

I used a pre-marked sheet from a collaboration with another urban sketcher, Janet Gerson, who sent me the digital version during the early days of pandemic in 2020.  That was during the time when we were doing the Zoom digital urban sketch meet-ups.  I saved a printed copy for when the right time comes. The workshop was just the right moment to use it.  It took me two other quick drawing sessions for a second look at the same spot before I was able to call it a finished drawing.  There's a short video of the workshop at the end of this entry.

The finished work.






1 comment:

  1. I love your finished piece. It is interesting to see the variety of ways the students drew their marks and then to see how they turned them into great sketches. It looks like they all enjoyed the class. I see a lot of smiling faces!

    ReplyDelete