Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Sketching People in the City Workshop

On Friday 4/13, I did a workshop at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Library in collaboration with the NYC Urban Sketchers and the New York Public Library.  The workshop was about sketching people on the move and at rest.  It was an hour and a half long presentation and I believe it went well.  The materials include a ballpoint pen and a sketchbook which we asked the participants to bring one for themselves.  Before I went through my presentation, I asked the participants to say their name, their skill level of drawing a figure on a scale of 1-5 (beginner to intermediate), and their goal coming into this class.  I saw a mixed set of skill levels but in the end, they were able to get a grasp of what I discussed. And boy they did shine based on the results of what they produced in such a short time.  Am very happy with the results and proud of what they did!

My workshop schedule.

Introduction to the workshop.  (Thanks Aaron for the pic!)

Well done and beautiful work!

Participants hard at work doing the first exercise.

Another view of the participants hard at work.





3 comments:

  1. Looks like a good workshop with willing models! Are you enjoying teaching?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of them were models! And we had a good time. It's fun teaching but a lot of work goes into it, as you very well know :-)

      Delete