Monday, April 22, 2024

Brooklyn Botanical Garden

We were at the Brooklyn Botanical Garden last weekend to sketch the peak blooms.  Although the day started cold and dreary, the weather later opened up to one gorgeous day to enjoy the beautiful flowers all around us.  I sketched the cherry blossoms from atop the hill looking down to the far end of the lawn.


After lunch, I found the Torii at the Japanese garden and the tulips near the Shakespeare Garden.  Here I sketched them from some left over pre-marked pages I've been keeping for a while.


After the Show & Tell, some of us went to see the Hiroshige's 100 Famous Views of Edo woodblock prints at the nearby Brooklyn Museum.  Here are some of my favorites.







2 comments:

  1. I like that you included figures looking down at the lawn filled with cherry trees. Nice sketches of that, the Torri, and the tulips. Susan and I enjoyed the NYBG thinking that it would be less crowded than Brooklyn. But there was so much else in bloom too that we didn't have time to get to paint. I'm glad Mark scheduled the Bronx for this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan. We had a good time. Where you went, you enjoyed the bloom, the moment, and did the sketches, too! That's all wonderful!

      Delete