Friday, August 9, 2024

Summer Friday Blues

Our Summer Fridays hasn't been kind to me the last couple of weeks (supposedly off-work at 2:00 pm provided all work is done).  Today, I left work later than I would like but on the way to Grand Central Terminal, I got the idea to shake off the blues by sketching something, anything.  I settled on a scene at the corner of 5th Avenue and West 38th Street.  Surprisingly, it worked and I felt better as I added some more shading to the sketch on the train ride home.  I thought the small touch of color on the flag made it more interesting.

2 comments:

  1. Luckily you are in an area where there are inspiring scenes everywhere. Sorry you didn't get off work as early as you hoped, but you found a way to make it work by doing a sketch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joan. One just need to pay a close look at a scene and the inspiration will come. I think you'll find inspiring scenes wherever you happen to be.

      Delete