Thursday, August 1, 2024

A Summer Friday Sketch

This sketch was done early last month when we were two weeks in into the office Summer Fridays program.  I recall that was a muggy afternoon but I persevered in capturing the scene at Broadway and 40th Street.  This sketch was done on a double spread B5 size MUJI notebook.  I took photos of it but didn't get a satisfactory results.

Up until this evening, the Canon scanner software I've been using with my Mac was the Image Capture application, which I wasn't too happy about with the output. Enter the Canon IJ Scan Utility Lite which I discovered from an IG post by someone I follow and who does really amazing artwork.  He got the same scanner like mine and now I know I will get better scan results of my artwork with this new software than if I were to photograph it.  It can even stitch together two pictures into one.  It's a win-win situation!  Yay!



2 comments:

  1. Fantastic job on this street scene. Great that you got a new scanner that will work so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that I have the proper tool, I'm excited to export the raw sketch into Procreate and learn how to add color with it. We shall see....

      Delete