Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Midtown Scene

On 5th Avenue and 39th Street, I stood near the curb looking at the scaffolding and street corner lamp post with the traffic light and video surveillance box attached to it.  Maybe I was just challenged to see where my sketch would lead.  One line after another, it started clicking together.  It took about 30 minutes to get the scene right before I made a dash to the GCT to catch the next train home.  Later that evening,  I put some watercolor wash to see what I could do with this scene. 




2 comments:

  1. You did well with the lights, the scaffolding and the people. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joan. I think coloring this sketch has opened me up for ideas and experimentation. It was fun doing the process.

      Delete