Tuesday, July 9, 2019

The Gantry Plaza State Park

Last Saturday's urban sketching outing was held at the Gantry Plaza State Park in Long Island City.  I've seen pictures of the gantry with a Long Island sign on on it but wondered where this structure is situated.  Now I know and the Pepsi Cola sign isn't too far from it either.  I used the direct-to-watercolor approach in sketching the gantry and while doing that, a curious onlooker, Dan, sought my permission for taking a picture of me sketching.  After lunch, I found a nice spot to sketch the iconic soda brand sign.  It was a very humid day with pockets of thunderstorm threatening to pop at any time.  It turned out to be a good day to sketch this area.  I would not mind coming back here again.








2 comments:

  1. Great job on the gantry and the Pepsi sign. I thought they were both fun iconic items to sketch. The park had a lot to be sketched and we missed some of it. We'll have to go back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. A second visit to that park is a must! Thanks for visiting, Joan.

      Delete