Tuesday, June 1, 2021

A MET Museum visit

A couple of sketches made last Saturday while waiting for my son and his girlfriend to come along for a visit at the MET.  The first one was done inside the Roman and Greek Art, Gallery 162.  I was fascinated by the grand size of this black stone water fountain.  I added the marble sculpture sketches next.  It wouldn't be complete without people admiring the beautiful sculptures so I added them as I saw fit.  Strangely, most visitors do come to a similar gesture most of the time when in front of the sculptures.


Outside the museum, a long line of visitors has developed approaching a level seen in the before pandemic times.  I grabbed a Sabrett HotDog and bottled water for a quick lunch while waiting for my company.  They were running late.  I didn't mind it because I have a sketchbook and ballpoint pen to keep me busy.




 

1 comment:

  1. The sketch of the fountain is great especially since you included the background statue and the people admiring all that was there. I like that you found a way to capture the line of people outdoors too!

    ReplyDelete