Saturday, June 12, 2021

Immersive Van Gogh Exhibit

Yesterday, I made an impromptu decision to spend part of my work day-off to see the Original Immersive Van Gogh Exhibit New York at Pier 36. A bit pricey but the audio and video presentation commands a total stimulation of your senses. The 360 degrees digital art presentation is about 35 minutes long and you can view it as many times as you want. I would suggest viewing it from the larger of the rooms for a more panoramic experience. Viewers are required to have a mask on. Most of them were seated on the circled spots on the floor but also found scattered everywhere. I brought my sketching stool and it wasn’t a problem. At first, I was more interested in sketching the viewers more so than the film. On the second viewing, I tried to enjoy the film. Somehow, the 2017 animated film, Loving Vincent, kept playing in my mind. Sure, it was competing for my attention. This show is good until October.








1 comment:

  1. Won't get to this. Glad you did. Wen Jerry & I were in France we saw the Picasso one which was shown on the walls of a cave.

    ReplyDelete