Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Weekend sketch outing

Fourth of July, Sunday, was the last day of my vacation week and it was a day spent sketching with my NYC USk friends in the city.  It was an unofficial event, just the six of us wanting to get out and be with like minded individuals.  We met by the Bow Bridge in Central Park.  Using a Sepia water soluble pencil, I started a rough outline of the panorama and put in some figures based on what I've seen.  Didn't feel like applying watercolor on the spot so I switched to a ball point pen drawing of my friends, Julie and Danna. Once I got home, I added the watercolor wash to the Bow Bridge sketch.  It was great to see them after a very long time!




1 comment:

  1. Both are really nice sketches. Glad to see there was a good turnout.

    ReplyDelete