Sunday, September 5, 2021

Labor Day Concert and Fireworks

The Town of Harrison, NY held a Labor Day concert and fireworks show on Sunday evening.  It was nice to see the fireworks show push through even though the setup area got flooded several days ago due to heavy rain from Hurricane Ida.  Some rain also occurred today in the afternoon.  To sketch this scene, I stood at the corner Halstead Ave and Macy Street looking in the direction of Oakland Avenue.  First, I tried using my new Platinum Century 3776 FP in 14k SF nib but the lines came out too wide to my liking.  I switched to the trusted Zebra F-301 and got the results I wanted.





2 comments:

  1. Nicely sketched, Mel. I'm glad the rain didn't spoil the event.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joan. Thankfully, it stopped raining hours before this much awaited event happened. And like all fireworks show, this one didn't last long.

      Delete