Monday, September 13, 2021

Michael and Willy the Python

Went sketching at the Financial District in Manhattan with the NYC USk group last Sunday. After lunch, I headed out to the pier at Battery Park where I saw this young fellow with a Burmese Albino Python pet hanging around his neck like an 80 lbs necklace. I would later learn Michael is the owner of "Willy" the Python.

Each time a ferry start docking to unload passengers, Michael would enthusiastically call the tourist's attention with raised hands, shouting "Do NOT be afraid, Do NOT be afraid!", "Put them on you!", "It looks good on me, it looks BETTER on you!" "Who's next?, Who's next?" I've seen several tourists line up to get their chance for a picture with Willy hanging over their neck at $10 a pop.



1 comment:

  1. You did a great job on capturing Willie giving some tourists a hug. I've petted them before but never had the desire to have one wrapped around me. lol

    ReplyDelete