Monday, January 31, 2022

The Vanderbilt Place exit doors

Countless times I've entered and exited through these Grand Central doors by the Vanderbilt Place but I hadn't pay attention to the beauty of its design, until last week. The metal frames and rivets adorning those exits suddenly came into view. I had to sketch it before catching my train home one evening. Two days later, I was back at it for some more lines before finishing it with some light watercolor wash at home. But something was missing. It needed some figures of commuters passing along these doors. Last night, using a magic color pencil, I added some figures based on that fleeting moment I saw them pass through these doors.



1 comment:

  1. You are lucky to pass by this view so often. It makes it easier to go back and complete it. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete