Monday, September 26, 2022

Weekend sketches

This past Sunday, I had quite a busy day in the city that started with the NYC Urban Sketchers group going to the flagship Blick Super Store grand opening in SOHO.  We were invited to see the store grand opening and got treats of free food and sandwich, a watercolor set, a drawing board and some other goodies won at a Spin-A-Wheel event.  Sure, I bought some Caran D'Ache Luminance pencils and a 4.7" X 4.7" sketchbook before leaving the store.

This sketch was done at the meeting place, Albert Capsouto Park, before everyone walked together toward the Blick store at Broadway and Canal St.


Since Anne and I had a 2:00 PM show to catch at the Joyce Theater, I left the group early once I made my art supplies purchase.  Before the show started, I sketched the scene before me.  I was curious about the patrons coming in at the lower right section so I attempted to put them on my ink sketch done in fountain pen and brush pen.  I added some more shading once I got home.





2 comments:

  1. You had a really full day. Love the sketch of the interior and the people, and the one of the park is nicely done with limited color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan. I had a QOR watercolor sampler from the Chicago Symposium that came in handy for that small sketch. Surprisingly, there's still a lot more left to color with that sampler and I like that.

      Delete