Saturday, November 11, 2023

Navarre, The Town Council of Roncal

Back in 2016, after discovering the NYC Urban Sketchers, I joined their weekend sketch outing at the Hispanic Society Museum and Library. The museum closed and underwent a five year renovation and was recently opened to the public once again. It was just fitting to join the NYC USk there today to mark my 8 years of having fun with like-minded individuals. I recall sketching the "Sevilla, Holy Week Penitents" in 2016. Today, I sketched another of Sorolla's murals, "Navarre, The Town Council of Roncal". I used a brown colored pre-marked page with random black marks and made a study of the painting using Posca markers and PITT Artist Brush pens. It was a fun filled day though a bit chilly. Another great outing with my sketching friends in the city.




2 comments:

  1. I think the colored paper gives this some nice energy. Good job! Can you believe it has only been 8 years? It seems like you've been sketching with us forever. Sorry I missed yesterday. It seems like I haven't been with the group in eons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joan. I like the idea of using colored paper and happy with how the first one turned out. Time flies, right!? See you sometime soon, hopefully.

    ReplyDelete