Wednesday, November 22, 2023

The End of a Music Performance

Got off work earlier than usual on this eve of Thanksgiving Day so I decided to do a sketch along 7th Avenue for a change before heading home. I saw a performing violinist in a closed off area reserved for pedestrians only.  She played beautifully but I arrived too late and soon she was packing away her things.  I abandoned the idea to include her in my sketch.  Initially, I thought I could sketch her gesture from memory but it was a stretch. Instead, I went ahead sketching anything that I saw before me.





2 comments:

  1. Glad you didn't abandon the sketch because she left. The selective use of color makes this special. Happy Thanksgiving to you and Anne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joan. Hopefully, I'll see her perform another time. Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving celebration.

      Delete