Sunday, August 22, 2021

Sketch Outing at Oyster Bay, NY

Two weekends ago, the NYC Urban Sketchers met at Oyster Bay, NY.  I've never been before and previous meet ups at Oyster Bay in the years past were all very exciting.  Since the event was moved to a Sunday, it worked out well with my schedule.  My car had to be fixed the day before in time for this event.  I arrived later than 10:00am but eventually found Alan near the town center.  We walked around and sketched this house together.  In the afternoon, we got a chance to be inside the Theodore Roosevelt Memorial Park, normally off-limits to non-residents, but Suzala got us all in.  It's a beautiful park with a view of the LI Sound and the marina.  I used a pre-marked page to sketch the scene.


  

2 comments:

  1. How fun that you captured the man at the door. Nice sketches in both locations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! He was the reason why I had to recreate the bicycle sketch from Alan's drawing. One thing I learned from this is to start the sketch with anything that moves! Thanks for visiting, Joan!

      Delete