Saturday, October 2, 2021

Sketch Location: Governors Island

The NYC Urban Sketchers met at the Governors Island the first Autumn Sunday.  The first ferry ride from Manhattan, 10 South Street port departs at 10:00 am but since I got there much earlier, I spent some time sketching the nearby scene.  Here are some people gestures.


We Urban Sketchers gathered together and took the first ferry out to Governors Island.  For the morning session, I sketched this view at the Nolan District.  The red Adirondack chairs caught my attention.  Then a biker came along and plunk himself down on one.


For the afternoon session, I focused on the park visitors enjoying the view near the Castle Williams.  Like them, I found an unoccupied lounger, which was very comfy for my sketching.   This view was looking west toward Jersey City and the Staten Island Ferry ply this waterway on schedule.  I didn't want to get up from that prized seat but it was time for the group to gather and do the show and tell (my favorite part of the weekend outings).  Thus another enjoyable weekend of sketching with my Urban Sketchers group.





2 comments:

  1. I would love to be kicking back and relaxing in that scene at the bottom...but then I'd never be able to get out of the chair. lol Great job on these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so right about the chair. So comfortable but it does sit low to the ground, I had trouble getting out, too. Thanks for looking, Joan.

    ReplyDelete