Tuesday, March 15, 2022

A Commuter Sketch on Car 9397

It felt like the ridership on the 8:19am train to Grand Central Terminal from Harrison has gotten busier these days.  I found an aisle seat spot on a three seater row toward the middle of the car.  A brief bag of the passenger by the window seat separate us.  At the next station, a commuter got on board and signaled to us he wants the middle seat.  I like the aisle seat since it offers a good view of the commuters to sketch so I got up and let this guy in to seat with us.  On this sketch, I used a brush pen and the Kakuno fountain pen for line variety.  This sketch started with the seated guy in the center, then the lady on the left reading the paper, followed by the two guys behind them and lastly, the guy working on his laptop.



2 comments:

  1. I can picture this bit by bit with your description as you worked from the center out. Nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan. It was fun to sketch out bit by bit and come up with a simple story to tell. I guess that's the beauty of doing Urban Sketches.

      Delete