Friday, March 11, 2022

Day 4: One Week 100 People

I think this page is what I call the " Bold Page" like a friend said about the entries. I finished 8 figures on the train commute this morning. After work, I added 20 more on the same page. I stopped by the Public Library on 5th Ave and managed one sketch of a guy working on his computer. Outside the library, I quickly sketched three small figures. At the street corners on the way to GCT, I saw this couple waiting to cross (guy with hat in finely tailored light grey suit) and a mother with two youngsters in tow. Inside the GCT, off the ramp near the Subway Shuttle entrance, I observed these people from high above them and made these very quick sketches. On the last few minutes I had, I followed a person on the escalator going up to the Met Life Building and the last sketch was this sleeper on the train ride home. 28 figures done today!



2 comments:

  1. Wow!!! You got so many done in one day. Great bold sketches, Mel! Like me, I see you had to go to various locations to get in the number of people. I found that there seemed to be fewer people around as models. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the thrill of it and everything! I resorted to the brush pen for economy of lines. There was no way I could have done so many had it not been for that tool and just letting go at it. I saw you targeted a bunch of scavenger hunt pieces for extra points! :-)

      Delete