Tuesday, March 1, 2022

A new month

Today is March 1st, another new month to start.  This morning, I biked to the train station in a hurry but still came up short to be on the 8:35 am train.  The next one arrived some 15 minutes later.  On car 9323, on the opposite side of the aisle, I noticed another Brompton bike of the same color and configuration as mine.  I figured it must have been fairly new.  Since I forgot my sketchbook and I have my iPad, it would be a good opportunity to practice sketching with the Procreate app.  My planned sketch idea was to include the other bike in the scene the but the train eventually got crowded and it limited what I could see.  It seem to me that there is this unspoken friendly connection between us Brompton bike owners.  This young lady owner saw me sketching and minutes before we detrained, we had a quick conversation.  She asked if she could see the sketch and Airdrop a copy to her phone which I gladly did.  In the end, I think it was the sketch that made the connection, not the bike, really.





 

2 comments:

  1. I think it is safe to say that the sketch was the connection. Nice figures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan! I agree. We all know the allure of sketching :-)

      Delete