Saturday, March 19, 2022

The Kneaded Bread

The Kneaded Bread in Port Chester, NY make the best bread, cookies, cakes, etc!  There are plenty to choose from and today, I decided to order the seasonal Hot Cross Buns to go with a cup of coffee.  Glad to see they partially open up tables for eat-in customers.  I used to come by here early every weekend to get the fresh baked donuts and in other instances, just to hang out and sketch.  Today, I made a sketch and gifted it to Fernando.  He's the nicest guy managing this store.  About four years ago, I made a small sketch of the store on a paper coffee cup.  He put it up on a shelf by the window.  It's still there to this day.  As I tore this page from my sketchbook and before handing it over to him, he said with a smile, "I was looking at you and wondering what you were doing.  Glad to see you back!"  Then he noticed my little note on the bottom left that says, " To Fernando, Have a great day!, Mel"






2 comments:

  1. That was nice of you to give the sketch to him. I like this with the line of customers. It is nice to have a "go to" place for breakfast on weekends. I'm smiling just thinking about it. Hope the rest of your day was good too. I went sketching with Suzala today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joan, Thanks for following along my weekend errands. Glad you two went out sketching. I like the industrial place you visited.

      Delete