Sunday, December 17, 2023

At the Philippine Consulate in NYC

The NYC Urban Sketchers were invited to sketch inside the Philippine Embassy on 5th Avenue, New York City on Saturday (12/16/2023) thru an invitation from the Deputy Consul General, Adrian Elmer S. Cruz.  This came about after his artistically inclined daughter joined her first sketching event with the NYC USK sketch meet at the Rockefeller Center the previous week.  

Never mind that I have a previous commitment for the day but I had to show up at this sketch meet even for a couple of hours.  Met a personnel who have family ties with another employee at the consulate in Madrid, Spain.  You see, my late father was an employee there for many years and so the connection.  It's amazing, what a small world it is!  I also had a photo opportunity with the Deputy Consul General, Mr. Cruz, before heading back to Grand Central Terminal to catch my train home.

The Urban Sketchers at work. 

With Deputy Consul General, Mr. Cruz

The Philippine Embassy Main Lobby

  

2 comments:

  1. Nice sketch of the sketchers and the consulate. I wanted to go but had already committed to a (free) bus trip with another art group to the Met. I actually focused on the exhibitions rather than sketching...although I did one tiny one before we left.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alas, I saw another opportunity for you to sketch at the consulate. That would be a Thursday outing next week. Well, I hope you enjoyed your Met visit with your other art group. It must have been fun since you didn't sketch except for one tiny one.

      Delete