Sunday, December 31, 2023

New Year's Eve Day

On this very last day of the year, Anne and I visited the Untermyer Gardens Conservancy in Yonkers, NY.  We were amazed at the beautiful sights and scenery at this location.  Fortunately, the weather was pleasant and not too cold for outdoor sketching.  At the Vista Overlook, I sketched the Ruin Garden and the mighty Hudson River and the Palisades bluffs in the background.  Then we walked over to the Temple of Love.  I was looking straight at it when I did the sketch.  Finally, when it got a bit colder due to the wind, we left for some good Ramen lunch in Hartsdale, NY and an afternoon coffee at Coffee Labs in Tarrytown, NY where I did a sketch of the crowd before me.  The ballpoint pen sketch need a bit more work or some color which I will do on another occasion.




2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! I'm glad you were able to sketch your way through 2023. See you in 2024!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joan, and Happy New Year to you, as well. See you some time. ;-)

      Delete