Thursday, November 1, 2018

Inktober 31: Last day and Halloween

Last one for the Inktober challenge!  It was Halloween yesterday so I stopped by at a cemetery and randomly selected a sculpture to sketch.  Found this small angel nearby.



Glad I stayed on prompt and kept using the ballpoint pen for most of my entries.  Last year, I mainly used the fountain pen and ink, didn't follow the prompts, and I skipped several entries.  It was exhausting but in the end, I noticed significantly improved confidence drawing directly in ink.  Maybe that will also be true for the ballpoint pen since it can be just as good as ink for general sketching.   We'll see how long it takes before the novelty wears off.  My next goal is to keep this pocket sized sketchbook exclusive to ballpoint pen sketches only.  I'm ready to use watercolor again.


2 comments:

  1. It looks like you have really mastered the art of sketching in ballpoint. Love the sketch of the angel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's better to say I'm more comfortable using the ballpoint pen more than ever. Thank you kindly.

    ReplyDelete