Sunday, November 11, 2018

Portrait sketch

I was late joining today's Westchester USK group outing at the Neuberger Museum in SUNY Purchase campus.  All I had was about 15 minutes to sketch before the group started the show and tell from 3:00-3:30pm.  I sketched a portrait painting entitled  "Kaldis at the Cedar Street Tavern, 1966" by the artist named Paul Georges.  After our group event, I maximized the time left by adding more color and silhouettes to the main subject of this oil painting  The trees on the left I sketched them from my mobile studio while attending a lengthy call earlier in the afternoon.  Bic 4 color ball point pen and Fabriano Flexbook Ivory 3.5in x 5.5in pocket sketchbook.







2 comments:

  1. You captured his facial features perfectly! Looks like you made good use of the short time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joan. Working in a smaller format allowed me to get going in a short time.

      Delete