Sunday, January 20, 2019

The Winter Show NYC

A complimentary pass for two allowed us to see the Winter Show at the Park Avenue Armory in NYC yesterday.  Lots of variety to be seen from premier galleries and high end prices, too, if you know what I mean.  It was very well attended from curious people like us who have never been to one before and I suppose for the regular clienteles among the exhibitors.  I had about an hour and a half to sketch.  I thought it would be considered crass to sketch on the exhibit floor so I chose the exhibit entrance scene in the comfort and quiet of the sofa lounge chair along this huge hallway.  Too bad, the restored Armory fireplace room was closed and off-limits to visitors at the time.  That was the one thing I wanted to see really bad in this place.  Sketch size is about 4.5 x 5.5 inches.  Bic 4 color ballpoint pen and Flexbook 3.5 x 5.5 in sketchbook ivory paper.




3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the composition with the view looking from the curtained area into the room full of people. I also like the limited use of color just for the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your input, Joan. I think I'm adjusting well to the Bic 4 color pen and realizing the advantages/disadvantages of using it.

    ReplyDelete