Wednesday, February 20, 2019

At the Grass Island Park

It was such a beautiful afternoon looking out toward the Long Island Sound.  Blue skies with streaks of white.  Calm before the storm.  The tree in the foreground first captured my interest then I branched out from there.

I just started using that small Pen and Ink sketchbook freebie from the last Symposium.  Paper quality was ok.  At 80lb gms weight, it was thin so I doubt anything wet is good for it.  I'd better stick with the Bic 4 color ballpoint pen and the Fountain Pen with DeAtramentis Document Black Ink or pencil if I continue using this sketchpad.  Here's what I sketched Tuesday afternoon.









2 comments:

  1. The ballpoint pen is perfect for sketching the tree texture. This came out really nice!!! I like your labels...almost like getting a tour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joan, Merci! I actually used my Pilot FP but instead used the tip in inverted position to get thinner lines. It worked well on this paper. Lately, I've been experimenting on labeling my sketch and adding notes for fun.

      Delete