Friday, February 15, 2019

The Met Cloisters

I joined an afternoon sketching with the weekday NYC Urban Sketchers at The MET Cloisters at Fort Tryon Park last Wednesday.  The spot I found was inside that short hallway between the Langon Chapel and the Romanesque Hall before a guard approached me.  "Are you trying to draw?  I'd rather that you don't stand there.  You can use this corner spot here." pointing to my right just below the landing steps,  "so that you're not in the way.  You can sit there at that spot, too" he said.  Well, it turned out to be the perfect spot to sketch the Romanesque Hall.  This time, I applied my two minute "eyes open, eyes closed" idea to see if that will work.  Results still remain to be seen.  I would later learn Dan is the guard's name.  I opened up my sketchbook and showed Dan my sketch of the Romanesque Hall.   It was a good thing.





2 comments:

  1. You really textured this nicely...not too little and not too much. It was nice that the guard gave you a suggestion of where to stand/sit. I have never been to the Cloisters. I will have to get there some day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would love it there, Joan! It's the closest to being in Medieval Europe without flying across the Atlantic. I was happy how this sketch turned out. Thank you.

      Delete